How to clean coffee maker without vinegar?
Are you coffee or tea person? Love to take coffee. You need to warm your favorite java for start a better day with coffee. Many people let their coffee maker automatically turn on for a few hours. And try to clean the pot in the dishwasher. But clean the coffee pot and other accessories in the dishwasher are not safe.
Though different manufacture says, it is dishwasher safe. Sometimes deep cleaning may harm your machine components. As well people use vinegar periodically to clean. But it also not a good result. Because vinegar keep bad small, and it damages your coffee test. So in this article, we show, how to clean coffee maker without vinegar. Let’s find out the ways.
Why do you need to clean your coffee maker regularly?
After use coffee maker many times, it leaves behind a residue inside the pot and other accessories. Most of this residue is a natural oil from the coffee beans. If you are not clean this residue regularly, then it will make your coffee taste bitter. Also different types of strains of bacteria as well yeast and mold. It also risks for your health. So, at least cleaning your accessories every month.
Why not use vinegar in coffee maker?
A common way to clean a coffee maker uses vinegar through the system several times. Vinegar is comprised of Acetic Acid. It can also remove buildup and kill bacteria and mold. This cleaning is affordable and effective. It may be difficult to completely clean inside the coffee maker. And after use vinegar, your coffee test of few pots will likely have a strange taste. Moreover, acidic acid can harm your body. Even many people don’t like this strong smell of vinegar. Another way to clean your coffee maker may be preferable.
Ways to clean coffee maker
1. Clean Coffee Maker with Baking Soda
Baking soda is a grate dirty remover and non-toxic. So it is safe to clean your coffee maker. Amazing cleaning your coffee machine.
- Fill the coffee pot with 1 cup of warm water
- Add ¼ of Baking soda
- Stir the mixer for better melt with the soda and water
- Brew the mixture cycle
- Discharge the dirty water
- Fill with fresh warm water
- Again run another brewing cycle with only water
- When the coffee maker fully clean, then stop clean with water.
If the coffee maker clean 100% then continue clean with fresh warm water. It will be cleaned after 3 times use.
2. Clean Coffee Maker with Lemon Juice
Lemon is similar level of acidity as vinegar, but has no side effect for your health. And don’t leave behind small as vinegar leave. To clean coffee maker with lemon, you can squeeze the lemon with hand or juicer.
The way of clean machine with lemon is similar of the baking soda. Follow the stapes:
- Run with fresh water
- Take ½ of cup lemon juice in lukewarm water
- Then run another cycle
- Remove wastes lemon residue water
- Run another one or two cycle with jus water
- Lastly, use a sponge to wash rest of water and residue
Additionally wash all other accessories with soap and water.
3. Clean Coffee Maker with Cream of Tartar
Coffee maker can also clean naturally with tartar. You can clean with high level cleaning similar vinegar. The process of cleaning with Tarter:
- Fill coffee pot with fresh water
- Add 3 tablespoons of Tartar
- Stir the mixer for better melt with the tarter and water
- Run one cycle of water in the machine.
- Run another cycle with only fresh water
If it won’t full clean, then run cycle another 1 or 2 times.
4. Clean Coffee Maker with CLR
Sometime clean with lemon or other solution might not completely descale your coffee maker. In this time you may use CLR as a last solution of cleaner.
The process of using CLR:
- Run a cycle of fresh water to remove previous brewing.
- Fill the pot with 85% water and 15% CLR
- Run a cycle
- And run it only water until remove CLR small
5. Clean Coffee Maker with Dish Soap
If you are comfortable use dish soap, the you can use it to clean your coffee maker components.
- Remove all the parts of the machine.
- Wash all of this component by hand using liquid dish soap and water.
- Now wash all the accessories with fresh water, and ensure that all soap has been removed.
- Dry the accessories and reassembly all the parts.
6. Clean Coffee Maker with Salt and Ice Water
Ice and salt water is a grate combination to clean coffee maker machine. You can easily remove descale from your coffee machine. The way to clean coffee maker with Ice Water and Salt:
- Mixt crushed Ice and Table Salt in the carafe.
- Use cloth or a large spoon to rub the ice and salt against interior of the carafe.
- Wash pot and the accessories as usual.
Get rid of vinegar smell
Generally coffee machine get mold, bacteria after use. These cleaning methods can get right of vinegar smell. So, feel free and enjoy you coffee test in the morning.
These cleaning methods have good benefit. The ways are effective and can grate clean your coffee maker. With this way you will permanently. Have also benefit for your health.